Friday, August 21, 2009

Scared!!

Hi all. This is my first post and I'm not sure how to do all this but here goes.

My oldest, Stetson, has decided to join the National Guard. I am such a mommy about this. I know it's great to serve your country and all, but I am having a really hard time letting my first born put his life on the line. He leaves for basic on October 27 and will be gone for 8 weeks and then another 16 weeks to learn mechanics and small arms repair. He is really excited and I am trying to be upbeat and supportive when he's around.

My other kids are doing great also. Chelsea just started her sophomore year and Cassidy is now in the Junior High. They both like all their teachers and are excited about seeing all their friends daily again. My son Austin will start 8th grade in Ririe on Monday and can't wait! I will miss having him around daily, but I guess Ririe isn't real far away. lol Cassidy has been practicing volleyball and will try out Monday for the 7th grade team. I am rooting for her and she is loving it.

Our house has finally been started!! Dusty is doing a great job and the foundation is finished. The lumber for the framing is in my backyard and they are prepping my garage as I write this. I am so excited and love watching it progress.

I guess that's all for now.

1 comment:

Stacey Jensen said...

I am so friggin excited about the house!!! We drove past your place on Saturday and even Sharman was stoked about the progress being made. I can hardly wait! Love that you are now on this blog too. You are so amazing. Love you girl!